1. Make certain you have a medical condition that qualifies under Maine state law. Click here to open the "Who qualifies?" page on this site if you do not know what specific conditions Maine allows.
2. Have your doctor send us medical records that support your qualifying condition. Click here to open the "Forms for Patients" page on this site where you can find our medical release form. Having your doctor fax or email us your records will allow you to get an appointment much sooner than physically mailing them to us, since mailed records sometimes take several weeks to process. IMPORTANT: We do not review records older than 5 years, laboratory results (except for hepatitis C or HIV confirmation), or x-rays. In other words, confirmation of your qualifying condition requires a fairly recent visit to your doctor. Records sent to us should be limited to 10 pages or less and be directly relevant to the condition you believe qualifies you for medical marijuana certification.
3. Contact us to give us your contact information. You may do this by phone or email. That way, when we receive your records, we can call you to let you know if your records meet Maine's requirements for marijuana certification.
4. Once we have verified your records are sufficient, go to our "Make a Payment" page to pay for an appointment. (For security reasons, we do not take credit cards over the phone.) We are notified electronically by our credit card vendor when payments are made. When we receive payment, we will call you by phone to schedule you for our next available appointment.
5. If you are certain you can get us your records at least one week before our next scheduled appointment, we will make an appointment for you if you choose to pay us before sending records. (We reserve the right to push your appointment to a later date if we do not receive your records in time for your appointment.)
We do not provide appointment dates or times before receiving payment. (If an operator tells you otherwise, you are not dealing with our office.) Because our clinics usually fill 2-3 weeks in advance, we advise our potential patients not to delay in sending records, since this will delay getting a desired appointment date.
Our next available appointment dates for new patients:
Due to cancellations and special requests, we occasionally can see patients sooner than our next appointment dates.
To obtain additional information about our marijuana certification services, please fill out the form below.